NIST Cybersecurity Framework for Healthcare
Identify, Protect, Detect, Respond, Recover
With the increasing and more sophisticated attacks healthcare providers are facing coupled with an industry that has traditionally under-invested in cybersecurity, many organizations are looking to the NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF) to help address these challenges and build a more robust risk management framework. Symantec helps organizations address the NIST CSF by breaking down each of its core five functions and more.
Symantec 2019 Internet Security Threat Report
Our 123 million sensors record thousands of threat events per second from 157 countries and block 142 million threats daily. Use intel from the world’s largest civilian threat network to your advantage—download ISTR 24 now
Protect Healthcare Systems and Data From Advanced Attacks
- Uncover, prioritize, and remediate advanced threats across endpoints, networks, and email, all from a single console, with Symantec Advanced Threat Protection
- Achieve unrivaled protection for endpoints and virtual desktops to block all known and unknown threats with Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Protect against email-based attacks including spam, spear phishing, and advanced malware with hosted Symantec Email Security.cloud or with on-premise Symantec Messaging Gateway
- Stop today’s most complex web-based attacks with our hosted Symantec Web Security Service
Safeguard Patient Records and Sensitive Information Everywhere
Manage and protect, on-premise or in the cloud
- Monitor and protect confidential information wherever it is stored and however it is used with industry-leading Symantec Data Loss Prevention and Symantec CASB
- Protect confidential data wherever it goes with Information Centric Encryption
- Ensure that only authorized users can securely access clinical and IT systems with our Symantec VIP service; benefit from strong multi-factor and risk-based tokenless authentication
- Gain visibility into risky behaviors and risky users with User and Entity Behavioral Analytics (UEBA)
Protect Sensitive Data Against Mobile Cyber Attacks
Secure managed and unmanaged mobile devices
Add mobile security to the following use cases:
- Shared clinical mobile devices - Secure general purpose mobile devices that do not have a one-to-one user relationship.
- Secure mobile access - Provide easy and secure access to clinical systems, EMR, patient data and other resources.
- Support for securing unmanaged devices, BYOD and professionals who access records in multiple organizations.
- Regulatory compliance - Meet compliance regulations through secure access, automated reporting, remote device wipe and risk-based enforcement.
Achieve Effective Risk Management and Compliance
Comply with HIPAA, HITECH, DEA, and other regulations
- Perform rapid and comprehensive risk assessments around HIPAA and HITECH compliance for your internal IT and clinical environments, as well as for external business associates using our Symantec Control Compliance Suite and Symantec Data Loss Prevention offerings
- Evolve from ad-hoc risk assessments to a continuous risk management program including strong remediation actions
- Adhere to Electronic Prescriptions for Controlled Substances (EPCS) regulations based on Symantec offerings
Monitor Security Across Your Network 24x7
Get real-time security monitoring and threat intelligence services
- Augment your internal security team with Symantec Managed Security Services and our security education and simulation services
- Stay ahead of evolving threats and get actionable insights with DeepSight Adversary and Technical Intelligence services
- Rapidly respond to security breaches and other incidents with support from our Incident Response experts
Extend Security To the Medical Device Ecosystem
Address the complexities of medical device security
The problem is not just that threats are growing more numerous and sophisticated, it's also that healthcare organizations have an increasingly complex environment to secure. This infographic demonstrates that Symantec understands to be effective, innovation must be continuous—and it must be deployed as part of a larger Integrated Cyber Defense strategy.
Healthcare’s approach to cyber security is maturing, but not quickly enough. This infographic highlights findings from the third annual HIMSS Analytics IT Security and Risk Management study, and emphasizes steps that healthcare organizations can take to help advance their risk management program.
This report dives into key Healthcare IT Security findings and trends from the latest research study of over 100 providers, including how healthcare IT leaders are addressing security while navigating the changing technology landscape.
Spear-phishing attacks are causing massive health care industry breaches. This whitepaper discusses how to detect, identify and remediate against these threats, as well as best practices for prevention.
Follow us on social media