Updated: August 13, 2018 2:38:15 PM
Type: Potentially Unwanted App
Infection Length: Varies
Risk Impact: Low
Systems Affected: Mac
OSX.Shlayer is a potentially unwanted application that downloads and installs software on the computer.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version August 06, 2018 revision 001
- Latest Rapid Release version November 12, 2019 revision 009
- Initial Daily Certified version August 06, 2018 revision 009
- Latest Daily Certified version December 19, 2019 revision 021
- Initial Weekly Certified release date August 08, 2018
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
Once executed, the application may download and install software from the following remote locations:
The following instructions pertain to all current and recent Symantec antivirus products for Mac.
- Update the virus definitions.
- Run a full system scan and repair or delete all the files detected.
1. To update the virus definitions
To obtain the most recent virus definitions run LiveUpdate: These virus definitions are posted to the LiveUpdate servers regularly. To determine whether definitions for this threat are available by LiveUpdate, refer to the Virus Definitions (LiveUpdate) .
2. To scan for and delete the infected files
- Start your Norton AntiVirus or Symantec Endpoint Protection for Mac program and make sure that it is configured to scan all files.
- Run a full system scan.
- If any files are detected, click Repair (if available) or Delete.