Updated: November 30, 2016 3:17:56 PM
Type: Potentially Unwanted App
Infection Length: varies
Name: InstallMiez Downloader
Publisher: Volvan Premium SL
Risk Impact: Low
Systems Affected: Mac
OSX.InstallMiez is a potentially unwanted application for Mac computers that downloads additional unwanted software.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version November 30, 2016 revision 004
- Latest Rapid Release version November 14, 2019 revision 007
- Initial Daily Certified version November 30, 2016 revision 019
- Latest Daily Certified version December 19, 2019 revision 021
- Initial Weekly Certified release date November 30, 2016
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
The program may arrive through online advertisements.
When the program is installed, it creates the following files:
- /Users/user1/Library/Saved Application State/com.Dantonist.pantheon.savedState/data.data
- /Users/user1/Library/Saved Application State/com.Dantonist.pantheon.savedState/windows.plist
The program claims there are issues on the computers and downloads a fake Flash Player update. However, this update is actually potentially unwanted software which earns money for the developer.
The following instructions pertain to all current and recent Symantec antivirus products for Macintosh.
- Update the virus definitions.
- Run a full system scan and repair or delete all the files detected.
1. To update the virus definitions
To obtain the most recent virus definitions run LiveUpdate: These virus definitions are posted to the LiveUpdate servers regularly. To determine whether definitions for this threat are available by LiveUpdate, refer to the Virus Definitions (LiveUpdate) .
2. To scan for and delete the infected files
- Start your Norton AntiVirus or Symantec Endpoint Protection for Macintosh program and make sure that it is configured to scan all files.
- Run a full system scan.
- If any files are detected, click Repair (if available) or Delete.