Updated: August 12, 2016 10:30:48 AM
Type: Potentially Unwanted App
Risk Impact: Low
Systems Affected: Android
Android.Moplus is an advertisement library that is bundled with certain Android applications.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version November 05, 2015
- Latest Rapid Release version November 05, 2015
- Initial Daily Certified version November 05, 2015
- Latest Daily Certified version November 05, 2015
- Initial Weekly Certified release date November 11, 2015
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
Android.Mobus is an advertisement library that is bundled with certain Android applications.
This advertisement library contains vulnerable code that may leave the device open to attack.
You may have arrived at this page either because you have been alerted by your Symantec product about this risk, or you are concerned that your device has been affected by this risk.
Install Norton Mobile Security
If you do not already have Norton Mobile Security installed on your device, please download the product from the Google Play Store .
Alternatively, you can navigate to the norton.mobi website from your device and download the product from there by completing the following steps:
- Select the 90-Day free download.
- Select the Android icon to begin downloading the product.
- Select Install in order to accept the permissions that are being requested by the program.
- Next, select Open and then Agree & Launch.
Note: The first time the product runs, you will be required to enter a code that is displayed on the screen in order to activate the product. Enter the provided code and select Submit .
Run a full system scan
Run a full system scan using Norton Mobile Security to remove this risk from the device. To do this, please perform the following actions:
- Navigate to the Anti-Malware tab.
- Select Scan Now.
To remove this risk manually, please perform the following actions:
- Open the Google Android Menu.
- Go to the Settings icon and select Applications.
- Next, select Manage.
- Select the application and select Uninstall.