Updated: June 03, 2016 3:05:25 PM
Type: Potentially Unwanted App
Infection Length: varies
Name: Just Cloud
Publisher: JDI Backup Ltd
Risk Impact: Low
Systems Affected: Mac
OSX.JustCloud is a potentially unwanted application for Mac OS X that does not revert system changes when it's uninstalled.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version June 03, 2016
- Latest Rapid Release version November 14, 2019 revision 007
- Initial Daily Certified version June 03, 2016
- Latest Daily Certified version December 19, 2019 revision 021
- Initial Weekly Certified release date June 08, 2016
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
When the program is installed, it creates the following folders:
The program then creates the following files:
The program is a cloud storage platform that lets users back up their files. When it's uninstalled, it does not remove ~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.jdibackup.JustCloud.autostart.plist, which is responsible for loading the application when the user logs into their computer.
The following instructions pertain to all current and recent Symantec antivirus products for Macintosh.
- Update the virus definitions.
- Run a full system scan and repair or delete all the files detected.
1. To update the virus definitions
To obtain the most recent virus definitions run LiveUpdate: These virus definitions are posted to the LiveUpdate servers regularly. To determine whether definitions for this threat are available by LiveUpdate, refer to the Virus Definitions (LiveUpdate) .
2. To scan for and delete the infected files
- Start your Norton AntiVirus or Symantec Endpoint Protection for Macintosh program and make sure that it is configured to scan all files.
- Run a full system scan.
- If any files are detected, click Repair (if available) or Delete.